Our approach is all about helping you to manage and develop your business, but we appreciate you’d probably like to know a little about us, and what our clients think.
Here is a sample of how some of our clients feel about our service…
- “We’ve been working with Della for about 3 years now. Our business, which provides e-learning and training systems to corporate clients, has tripled in size in that time period. Whilst I can’t give Della all the credit for that, it’s great to be working with a dynamic accountancy that can grow with us. Della and her team have been excellent at flexing their service, and their style of interaction, as we get more structured and need more strategic business and finance advice as well as the core accountancy tasks. I have a similar rule about “only work with nice people”, so without this becoming too much of a love-in, Della and her team are knowledgeable, professional, and fun to work with, without exception. ” Tim Newham, Think Associates Limited
- “I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your assistance and guidance recently whilst I am setting up my business. Your input has been invaluable in terms of pointing me in the right direction, helping me to focus and see things from a different point of view, as a bouncing board and generally giving me inspiration by setting an example. ” C Yearsley, Just a Sec Accounts
- “Crikey, Della Hudson’s good. If you’re a financial nincompoop like me you need a quietly conscientious professional looking after your financial affairs for you whilst you do the things you’re good at. That’s Della that is. And such a lovely lady too.” M Emery, Securus Health and Safety Limited5
- “Excellent prompt and efficient service. Everything is clearly explained and jargon free! Thank you.” Sarah McKerney, Trustee, Activate Your Life
- “It is a rare combination of being able to deal with a very professional friend. As a new business, combined with the ignorance of me and my partner in tax and finance matters, your service was invaluable.” A Lyalle, Director, Embrace Legal Solutions Ltd
- “You are dearer than our (local accountant) but easier to deal with and worth the extra expense.” P Weston, Philip Weston Construction Management Limited
- “Good value, extremely happy with service.” J Jenks, Hair Boutique
We’re a small, efficient and very experienced team of chartered management accountants, bookkeepers and business advisers.
Anthony Smith FCMA
Anthony Smith & Co. Ltd anthonysmithandco.co.uk have merged with Hudson Business Accountants & Advisers, founded by Della in 2009.
Anthony started his career in the catering sector, including spending a number of years as a qualified chef before going to University in his late twenties. After graduating with a degree in business administration, he studied towards becoming a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts, where he is now a Fellow. He has worked for a number of companies in accounting, including Lloyds Bank for seven years before leaving to start the practice. Outside of work, Anthony enjoys flying holding both a glider pilots licence and a private pilots licence. He owns a share in a light aircraft.
Maralyn is our experienced bookkeeper and Xero trainer, keeping us up to date with all our accounting software. Walking her dogs and looking after the grandchildren keeps Maralyn fit and busy when she’s not working.
Kerri also does bookkeeping for many of our clients. Managing her own small business with three young children, gives her an understanding of the day to day pressures many of our clients face.
Lorna’s role is Systems Administrator which encompasses office admin and technical assistance to the staff, reviewing and documenting office procedures and system integration. With her husband and son she enjoys cycling, skiing and can be seen walking her cats in the village!
Dawn Bettney ACA
Dawn, a chartered accountant, completed her training with KPMG. She joined Hudsons in 2014 and looks after a portfolio of business clients.
Another active lady, Dawn spends much of her spare time playing badminton and cycling with her family.
Holly is our dependable PA, taking care of the admin so that we can focus on our clients, making our life a little easier. If you need a Holly to free up some of your time, look her up on her website Bailey Secretarial!
Sarah is our Accounts Assistant, fully Xero certified and up to speed with the online accounting software. With five gorgeous children Sarah comes to work for a rest and enjoys having more than one string to her bow!
Jenna joined us full time following work experience with us. She is an Accounts Assistant, working towards her professional Accounting AAT qualifications and has already passed her first exam with an amazing 97%, as well as being Xero and Quickbooks certified!