Our approach is all about helping you to manage and develop your business, but we appreciate you’d probably like to know a little about us, and what our clients think.
Here is a sample of how some of our clients feel about our service…
- “We’ve been working with Della for about 3 years now. Our business, which provides e-learning and training systems to corporate clients, has tripled in size in that time period. Whilst I can’t give Della all the credit for that, it’s great to be working with a dynamic accountancy that can grow with us. Della and her team have been excellent at flexing their service, and their style of interaction, as we get more structured and need more strategic business and finance advice as well as the core accountancy tasks. I have a similar rule about “only work with nice people”, so without this becoming too much of a love-in, Della and her team are knowledgeable, professional, and fun to work with, without exception. ” Tim Newham, Think Associates Limited
- “I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your assistance and guidance recently whilst I am setting up my business. Your input has been invaluable in terms of pointing me in the right direction, helping me to focus and see things from a different point of view, as a bouncing board and generally giving me inspiration by setting an example. ” C Yearsley, Just a Sec Accounts
- “Crikey, Della Hudson’s good. If you’re a financial nincompoop like me you need a quietly conscientious professional looking after your financial affairs for you whilst you do the things you’re good at. That’s Della that is. And such a lovely lady too.” M Emery, Securus Health and Safety Limited5
- “Excellent prompt and efficient service. Everything is clearly explained and jargon free! Thank you.” Sarah McKerney, Trustee, Activate Your Life
- “It is a rare combination of being able to deal with a very professional friend. As a new business, combined with the ignorance of me and my partner in tax and finance matters, your service was invaluable.” A Lyalle, Director, Embrace Legal Solutions Ltd
- “You are dearer than our (local accountant) but easier to deal with and worth the extra expense.” P Weston, Philip Weston Construction Management Limited
- “Good value, extremely happy with service.” J Jenks, Hair Boutique
We’re a small, efficient and very experienced team of chartered accountants, bookkeepers and business advisers.
Della Hudson FCA
Della founded the business in 2009 and is our chief business adviser.
After graduating with a degree in chemistry and management, she joined a small city firm of chartered accountants, gaining experience in all aspects of general accountancy practice including audit, accounts, taxation and business advice. Following financial control of various large corporations in the UK Della moved to France where she set up and ran a small retail business. When she returned to the UK she set up Hudson before settling in Nailsea, Bristol. Della’s qualifications and practical experience of running large and small businesses make her ideally suited to advise growing enterprises.
When not advising other business owners, Della enjoys cooking for and eating with family and friends. She also coaches grass-roots athletics for North Somerset AC and enjoys the swim-bike-run of triathlon training.
Maralyn is our experienced bookkeeper and Xero trainer, keeping us up to date with all our accounting software. Walking her dogs and looking after the grandchildren keeps Maralyn fit and busy when she’s not working.
Kerri also does bookkeeping for many of our clients. Managing her own small business with three young children, gives her an understanding of the day to day pressures many of our clients face.
Dawn Bettney ACA
Dawn, a chartered accountant, completed her training with KPMG. She joined Hudson in 2014 and looks after a portfolio of business clients.
Another active lady, Dawn spends much of her spare time playing badminton and cycling with her family.
Holly is our dependable PA, taking care of the admin so that we can focus on our clients, making our life a little easier. If you need a Holly to free up some of your time, look her up on her website Bailey Secretarial!
Sarah is our Accounts Assistant, fully Xero certified and up to speed with the online accounting software. With five gorgeous children Sarah comes to work for a rest and enjoys having more than one string to her bow!
Jenna is our newest member of the team, having joined us full time following work experience with us. She is an Accounts Assistant, working towards her professional Accounting AAT qualifications and has already passed her first exam with an amazing 97%, as well as being Xero and Quickbooks certified!